Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Weep to Sleep

I often cry, this lullaby that helps put me to sleep. These nights I weep are awful long, my tears play like a song. The sweet sounds of sobbing color my walls these tears paint clouds in my eyes. The lullaby may last a day, I hope these tears will go away. The sadness strikes, its here to stay. The lullaby my sobbing plays is just a cry for help. A handful of tears, a mountain of fears I hate the sound of my weeping, so I hold my ears. I finally fall to sleep but in my dreams I continue to weep. This lullaby does give me peace but the cost is not the least. I hope one day I hope someday I will not weep, these sobs I will not need to sleep. But as I lay in the bed, this lullaby chimes in the back of my head, and I just cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment